This is my third day in Sibu. Life is simple and relax here, no worries and people here are very frinedly indeed. This is not my first time to Sibu, in fact is my forth time here.. There is lots of difference here in Sibu which is my mom's hometown compare to my dad side hometown-Johor. Their so-called wan tan mee is called 'Gan puank' in Foochou and the fillings for the dumplings are different. The dumpling that we usually eat has filling of 3-layer fat pork (very high cholesterol~), chestnut, with some mushrooms and sometimes with salted egg in it.. Haha....damn nice one although contain lots of fat..But I cant resist to have one especially the one that is made by my daddy's mom, who is my grandma...Lame~~ LOL
I have been in Sibu for three day and i have tried peanut dumplings which I have tried once before and red bean dumpling. Sounds quite special indeed plus is made by my mom's side grandma. The peanut dumpling that I tried last time is like 6 years ago, OMG~ the taste is bad, in fact is tasteless~ But i was forced to finish it since is my mom who bought it and she 'forced' me to finish it...ok..have to... :( The peanut and red bean dumpling that i taste this time is eatable, still got taste but not so like it..Maybe cant get used to that taste of these kind of dumplings... I think I still have lots of time to explore this small town Sibu~ A cultural explore indeed~~

0 自由:
Post a Comment